“Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some high ground in life.”
What did I learn from attending Kripalu…
I have been living in my comfort zone for too long!
I can make 101 excuses as to why….like…
- I live in the middle of no where (Kent);
- It’s been winter and I like to hibernate in the winter;
- My job keeps me too busy;
- My calendar is too full;
- I have enough friends;
- That costs too much money;
- That subject doesn’t interest me;
- There are no like minded people around here;
- It doesn’t fit into my long-term plans;
But the truth…
I have been making excuses instead of stretching myself!
I sat in on a World Class Manufacturing plant audit for the past several days. Yesterday the auditor summarizes his results and told the plant personal…
It is time to look in the mirror and be truthful! Why are you giving this process lip service instead of embracing it?
I have to admit, the auditor called the “bullshit” card and you know what…he was right! Every person in that room (including me) had a personal and professional excuse as to why they are resisting stretching and growing.
What does stretching and growing look like?
- Attending a class/workshop just to check it out (I attended a chanting class);
- Participating in something that you have never done before (town hall meeting, a community growth activity, or a march);
- Joining a new group in order to meet new people; With spring in the air, maybe it is time that we all crack out of our hibernation shells and start to stretch and grow.
Have you been growing and stretching lately?
What is one step that you can take to grown and stretch in next month?
If you are looking for a new way to grow and stretch, please join us at the ANGEL Monthly Meeting on April 1st (details below). Connect with me over at…Instagram and/or Facebook. I would love to see your pictures and hear your stories around your own growing and stretching experiences.
ANGELS – Monthly Meeting
- When: April 1st Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Cost: Free (snacks encouraged)
- Where: Parkview Nursing Home (old library), Freeport IL
- Topic: Shamanism (Robin Rosenstiel)
This group was initiated by Annabelle Nimmo ( now passed) and Alice Fiedlerback in the 1980’s.
This group has been discussing various metaphysical, spiritual, and related topics for 4 decades. The group meets monthly (normally the 3rd Saturday). All interested are welcome to attend. To stay connected regarding future events, join the Angels Facebook Group.