“You can’t reach for anything new
if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.”
As I was listening to a local pop radio station while driving to the grocery store this week, I heard a 10 year old girl talk about what she was giving up for Lent. Her story intrigued me. She spoke about how she was going to give up playing games on her electronic devices for the 40 days of Lent. And in this newly created white space she created…she was thinking of making more time for playing with barbies. How funny is that!
I am not a religious person, however I was intrigued with what she was giving up. It wasn’t the usual chocolate and sweets that I so often hear about but instead she was…
Giving up non-value added activities in order to make more time.
At the age of 10 she has figured out that letting go of something that doesn’t add value, brings freedom. And in her case…
Freedom = Time
What if you could spend 15 minutes every day for the next 40 days and clear out the clutter of your life in order to make space for freedom?
- Spend time in nature daily,
- Grow sunflowers,
- Go on wild adventures,
- Watch the evening sunsets with loved ones,
- Star gaze at night,
- Make space and move forward with creating a business with soul.
What does Freedom look and feel like to me:
- Blue skies,
- Wide open spaces,
- Wind in my hair,
- and the song…Life Is A Highway sums it up nicely.
From my own experiences, I have learned that in order to make room for freedom in my life, I needed to clear out clutter…internal, external, mental, emotional, and physical clutter.
Clutter = stagnant energy.
If you have been feeling overwhelmed by all of the things you have been putting off but “need” to finish, look around and see where you have too much stuff piled up in your life. Overwhelm is a sign that your energy is stuck and blocking the flow of freedom. By clearing clutter and shifting the energy of your environment, you will in turn be impacting your entire life. And with Spring in the air…
Clutter clearing is one of the fastest ways to completely transform your life.
- Clutter clearing ideas to transform your life:
- Clear out a desk drawer
- Clear off your desk
- Clear out your email in-box
- Clear out your computer hard drive
- Clear out a drawer
- Clear out a closet
- Clear out 1 negative thought
- Clear out 1 excuse as to why you can’t declutter
- Clear out 1 judgment
- Clear off your calendar of activities that don’t bring you joy
- Clear out half-finished and never-started projects
- Clear out unwanted gifts
- Clear out old photos
- Clear out things you might use (but know you never will)
- Clear out recipes for dishes you will never cook
- Clear off your kitchen counter
What are you giving up for the next 40 days so you can make space for freedom?
Your guide to bringing your gifts out into the world and making you shine!